Monday, August 25, 2014

Past Travels

Hello Blogland! I don't really know where to start. 
I'm preparing for my semester abroad in Tanzania so I set up this blog to share my pictures and experiences with everyone back home. 

Before I leave for Tanzania in 6 days, (AHHH! It's so close!!!) I thought I'd share some of my past trips around the world.  

My latest trip was a service immersion trip to Bethel Alaska through my school. My favorite part of the whole trip was when we visited a fish camp on the Kuskokwim River.  There was much bonding around the campfire and a beautiful sunset on the way back to town.  Keep in mind that this picture was taken at 9:30 at night!


The summer before my senior year of high school, my family took a trip to Venice, Florence, and Rome. My favorite out of the three was Venice but nothing can beat Saint Peter's in Vatican City!


In 2006, we went to Toronto to see the Red Sox play the Blue Jays. We stopped at Niagara Falls on the way home and stood in 2 countries at once!


And all the way back in 2005 our family visited Puerto Rico over February break.  I have to admit, I felt like a cool kid when I went back to school with a sunburn, but those pants are something else entirely! 


I have been and continue to be very blessed in my life.  I hope you all stick around for some awesome pictures of Tanzania and my amazing journey ahead!

2 comments:

  1. Excellent, Julia! I can't wait to travel more with you online and in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time Julia! Can't wait to share your pictures with the girls! Xoxo!

    ReplyDelete